Main Article Content
The purpose of the study is to assess the proportion of the development of related sectors of agriculture and food industry in the regions that are unfavorable for agricultural production. All regions are divided into three groups, due to territorial differences in the conditions of economic activity: regions of the European part of Russia, regions of the Urals, Siberia and the Far East, and regions with developed mining industry, which were excluded from the relevant groups on a territorial basis. For the analysis of the developing proportions of sectors of agriculture and the food industry in the regions, unfavorable for agriculture, there were used statistical and abstract-logical methods of research, including the analysis of absolute cost statistical indicators: gross production of agriculture and volume of the shipped goods in the food industry, and also a number of relative indicators, including: the ratio of production of the food industry and agriculture, gross production of agriculture on one employee; the volume of shipped products of the food industry per employee. The difference between the volume of shipped products of the food industry and agriculture per employee in the economy of the region is analyzed. It is revealed that the food industry of the studied regions is characterized by a low level of development because of the peculiarities of the production process (seasonality, underutilization of capacities, a high degree of depreciation of fixed assets, etc.), and of close links with underdeveloped agriculture. Thus, achievement of proportions of development of agricultural industries and the corresponding industries of the food and processing industry has to become the defining factor in development of measures for state support of regions that are unfavorable of agriculture.
2. Order of the Government of the Russian Federation dated 26 December 2017 No, 2952-r “On Amending the Order of the Government of the Russian Federation dated 26 January 2017 No. 104-r. URL: http://www.garant.ru/products/ipo/prime/doc/71745924/#ixzz53u7CZIwo.
3. Barsukova S.Yu. Definition of regions unfavorable for agriculture, or how in Russia are going to help agriculture in the conditions of WTO membership. In: EKO, 2014, No. 3 (477). P. 89-104.
4. Mazloev V.Z., Ozerova M.G. Territorial and economic typification of the agrarian sector of the region as an instrument of targeted state support. In: Agro-Food Policy of Russia, 2016, No. 7 (55). P. 10-15.
5. To develop methodical approaches to the typification of rural areas with the definition of regions with unfavorable natural and economic conditions for agriculture / Adukov R.KH., Adukova A.N., Baklazhenko G.A., Medvedev A.V., Ruvil' V.S., Molchanova A.V., Semayeva I.A., Abryandina V.V., Prostenko A.N., Yusufov R.A., Noskova M.V., Zakharov R.V. / Research report No 25 dated 01.01.2012 (Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences).
6. Sadekova N.Kh. Prospective directions for food industry development in the region. In: Topical issues of economics, management and innovation: Proceedings of the International research and training conference. Nizhniy Novgorod State Technical University named after R.E. Alekseev, 2016, P. 296-299.
7. Pryakhina A.V. Assessment of the development of the food industry in the country and in the region. URL: http://www.iprbookshop.ru/60252.html.
8. Degtyareva T.D., Chulkova E.A. Food industry in the region: state and development prospects. In: Corporate governance and innovative development of the economy of the North: Vestnik of the Research Center of Corporate Law, Management and Venture Investments of Syktyvkar State University, 2011. No. 1, P. 37-45.
9. The development of the product chains in the agro-food complex: cross-sectoral aspects / O. V. Ermolova, V. V. Kirsanov, N.A. Yakovenko, I.S. Ivanenko, T.V. Ostapenko and others; under the General editorship of O.V. Ermolova. - Saratov: publishing House "Saratov source", 2017, 156 p.
10. Russian statistics yearbook. 2017: statistical book /Rosstat. Moscow, 2017, 686 p.
11. Russian Regions. socio-economic indicators. 2017: statistical book /Rosstat. Moscow, 2017, 1402 p.