Main Article Content
The objective of the survey is to study the macroeconomic factors influencing the competitiveness of the animal products and the realization of the animal sector export potential benefits. The survey methodology was based on the domestic and foreign scientists’ works in the progressive development of the livestock sector, the formation of the domestic agricultural market, and the increase in the export potential of agriculture. The empirical research was based on the official datasets and the analytical materials obtained from the international unions, the branch associations, and the state institutions. The expert assessment method, the statistical methods in economic evaluation, and the estimation and construction practices were used in the survey. The trends in the animal product exports within the state agricultural development program were determined in the survey. For 2012-2016, the beef export volumes rose nine times, while the pig meat and egg exports reached 18.7 and 15.7 thousand tonnes, respectively. The effects of the devaluation and inflation processes happened to the Russian economy on the economic efficiency and the competitiveness of the domestic animal production were calculated. For instance, the average annual growth rate in the milk production costs for 2011-2016 comprised 8.3% with the increase in the total milk production costs (48.4%). It affected the development and the investment attractiveness of the sector. The measures to improve the mechanisms of the state support and to provide a favorable environment for the Russian animal product exporters in the international market have been proposed. Allocating the subsidies on the livestock product sales in the foreign market can improve the competitiveness of the domestic producers and offer the opportunity to stabilize the price situation in the domestic market. The other form of a support under the state authorities should be the effective approaches to making easier the administrative barrier to using the veterinary and sanitary control for the domestic goods in the biggest global markets.
1. Custom statistical database of the Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://stat.customs.ru/apex/f?p=201:1:4091907215289809.
2. Official currency exchange rates from Central Bank of the Russian Federation. [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: https://www.cbr.ru/currency_base/
3. Official statistics of Federal State Statistics Service of the Russian Federattion. [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.gks.ru/wps/wcm/connect/rosstat_main/rosstat/ru/statistics/enterprise/economy/#
4. Main factors of financial and economic activities of farm enterprises / Regulatory aspects of increasing the profit of farm enterprises, Parliamentary Proceedings of the State Duma, Russian Federation, February 21, 2017. -
5. Tikhomirov, A.I. Тихомиров А.И. Economic efficiency of the animal husbandry sub-sectors // Economocs of Agriculture in Russia. 2018. No.1. Pp. 76-84.
6. Tikhomirov, A.I., Chinarov, V.I. Economic efficiency of animal production and sales // Economy of Agricultural and processing enterprises. 2017. No. 9. Pp. 25-29. -
7. Tikhomirov, A.I. Marketing analysis of livestock production efficiency under the current conditions of farming // Bulletin of Agrarian Science. 2017, No. 5 (68). Pp. 113-121. -
8. Uzun, V.Ya., Fomin, A.A., Loginova, D.A. Place of Russia on the world agro-industrial map // International Agricultural Journal. 2008. No. 1. Pp. 68-76. - Узун, В.Я.,
9. Cost of Production Study//The Canadian Dairy Commission. [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.cdc-ccl.gc.ca/CDC/index-eng.php?id=3941
10. Protecting people and animals from disease threats. FAO. 2018. [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: http://www.fao.org/3/i8747en/I8747EN.pdf
11. United States Department of Agriculture Economic Research Service. [Electronic resource]. - Access mode: https://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/animal-products/dairy/
12. What is the cost of producing milk? // The European Milk Board. [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: http://www.europeanmilkboard.org/fileadmin/Dokumente/Milk_Production_Costs/BAL_cost_study_milk_2016_DE_NL_BE_DK_FR.pdf