Main Article Content
Three kinds of vegetable crops have been studied, including Japanese cabbage, leek and garlic, grown on turf-podzol soils in Moscow Region. The influence of bacterial fertilizer Biostar containing produced in Belgium Bacillus sp., and sodium humate (Krasnoyarsk production) on plants accumulation of selenium, zinc and copper, was investigated. It was revealed that both fertilizers increased accumulated essential microelements in the quantities depending on the vegetable kind. The level of selenium accumulation was the lowest, and practically no distinctions were observed at humate and Biostar application. Changes of accumulation levels of zinc and copper were more considerable. Zinc and copper accumulation levels were considerably higher when applying Biostar compared to humate, especially for Japanese cabbage and garlic.
2. Khrikina J.A., Golubkina N.A., Nikulshin V.P., Grigorians I.K., Bogachev V.N. (2007) Selenium accumulation by Allium sativum L. Vestnic RAAS . 5: 32-33 (in russian).
3. Lasen EH, Lobinski R., Burger-Meyer et al. (1986) Limitations in the use of commercial humic acids in water and soil research. Environ. Sci. Technol. 20: 904-911.
4. Asaka O., Shoda M. (1996) Biocontrol of Rhizoctonia solani damping-off of tomato with Bacillus subtilis RB14. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 62: 4081-4085.
5. Larsen E.H., Lobinski R., Burger-Meÿer K., Hansen M., Ruzik R., Mazurowska L., Rasmussen P.H., Sloth J.J., Scholten O., Kik C. (2006) Uptake and speciation of selenium in garlic cultivated in soil amended with symbiotic fungi (mycorrhiza) and selenite. Anal. Bioanal. Chem. 385: 1098–1108.
6. Senesi N., Miano TM, Provenzano MR, Brunetti G. (1991) Characterization, differentiation and classification of humic substances by fluorescence spectroscopy. Soil Sci. 152: 259 – 271.
7. Buckau G., Hooker P., Moulin V. et al. (2000) Versatile components of plants, soils and water. In: Ghabbour EA, Davies G (eds): Humic Substances, RSC. – Cambridge.
8. Mac Carthy P., Clapp C.E., Malcolm R.L., Bloom P.R. (1990) Humic substances in soil and crop science: selected readings. Am. Soc.of Agron. & SSSA. Madison. USA.
9. Alfthan GV. (1984) A micromethod for the determination of selenium in tissues and biological fluids by single-test-tube fluorimetry. Anal. Chim. Acta. 65: 187-194.
10. Sloth JJ, Scholten O, Kik C. (2006) Uptake and speciation of selenium in garlic cultivated in soils amended with symbiotic fungy (mycorriza) and selenate. Anal. Bioanal. Chem. 385 (6): 1098-1108.